[SPAM-Score-7.2] [K12OSN] differentiated internet filtering by grade level question

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 02:26:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:09:57 -0600
Tim Litwiller <tim at litwiller.net> wrote:

> The most configurable with a web Gui I know of is to replace your BESS
> with Censor.net Linux -

I've got input but I'm not a decision-maker in this process and I don't expect that BESS will be replaced.  Do you/anyone have any suggestions on how to provide differentiated filtering with BESS? Can BESS be configured to allow users coming through proxy-IP-1 to go to sites and disallow access to the same sites to users coming through proxy-IP-2?

I'm the computer volunteer at my local public library and run IPCOP with Dansguardian to provide firewalling and filtering.  Doing what I'm suggesting would be relatively easy with this setup, though there may be some problems of scale I'm not aware of.   Any relaxing of the filtering that is implemented at school will have to be workable within our Windows and BESS environment. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Jesse