Re: [K12OSN] fl_teachertool dependencies

cisna-barry wc235 k12 il us wrote:
Hello list ,

Was just trying to take the lazy mans way of updating to the latest
teachertool-(0.21), by installing from the RPM,,off of the FC4 ftp site.
I installed the ltsp-vnc & tightvnc rpm ok,& when I install
fl_teacertool-0.21 it asks for GLIBC-3.3.4 or 3.3.6
Am i safe in installing this RPM with the --nodeps switch on
FC3/GLIBC-2.3.4 or do i need to actaully update my GLIBC package,,up to
the requested version #?

running;

K12LTSP v 4.1.1- FC3

Thanks,

Barry

It is generally bad to install packages with "--nodeps" or "--force". It
is REALLY BAD to do it with the glibc package.

If you are feeling adventurous and have the development packages
installed, you can try grabbing the src.rpm and rebuilding it:

	rpmbuild --rebuild packagename.src.rpm

I'll see if I can get fc_teachertool to build on 4.1 and if successful
I'll drop it into the repository...

-Eric