[K12OSN] disk quota troubleshooting ?

Barry R Cisna brcisna at frontiernet.net
Sat Jan 14 14:18:24 UTC 2006

Hello list,

We are trying to setup.disk quotas, on each users,home folder now.
Iv'e done this in the past and worked great .through strictly Linux logins.
Now we have the Windows users& Linux users,saving to a common home folder.
The quota settings ,works fine in Linux but,logged in as a windows
user,users can go to an "unlimited" amount of file storage.
In other words, when a user adds files to their home folder( on a K12LTSP
server used as our file server),if they adding these files from a Windows
server login,/to home folder the quota's are not being "seen".
But when they log into Linux( and are over their disk quota), they get the
"You are over your disk space allotment,contact system admin".
How can I go about troubleshooting,this scenario? Is this maybe a Windows AD
setup,and Im clear off of base?.How does WIndows AD,,see the Linux disk
quota reqiirements?
questions,,,questions...:)..

K12LTSP v 4.1.1 -FC3

Thanks,