Re:[K12OSN] differentiated internet filtering by grade level question

Andrew Fisk wrote:
Not that this real very helpful, but as a parent of childen in a school district that uses Bess, it seems it took the kids about a week to figure out ways around it -- they then did a remakable job of commincating the work arounds to each other!

I've seen the same thing in our school. Would that they could solve algebra problems as quickly and teach other students as effectively. We use Bess at our ISP and Dans Guardian (very versitile) in our firewall, but I keep reminding our staff that the only thing that really keeps students off inappropriate web sites is alert teachers who really know what their students are doing at all times.

--
Mark Goodridge
The Computer Guy