[K12OSN] Printers

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 17:50:13 UTC 2006

I took a different approach.  It's a little harsh but it rewards those
who get it.   I made the default printer one that doesn't exist, more
specifically a fake printer on a jet direct port on a network that
doesn't exist.  So when people recklessly hit the print button in
their app it has no effect.  It seems like now everyone is 'on board'
with choosing printers.  And if someone doesn't know how they don't
have to go far to find out.  If anyone has an elegant way of achieving
this or disabling the default printer in cups I'd love to know what it
is.  Personally I think that a terminal server and a default printer
don't go together.

Peter