[K12OSN] Password conversion to SAMBA

I have cca 600 users with their account and password in passwd file registered. I use SAMBA ver.3
I want to move /convert/ their passwords into samba smbpasswd file.
Is it passible and how? the reason is to have the same account/password in Linux boxes and in Windows XPs using domain on Linux Samba server. The best solution would be some script to convert passwords. Somebody
tells me to use addtosmbpass script but in SAMBA 3 it does not exist.
Any ideas?
Thank you, Marian.