[K12OSN] nxclient won't run, missing charsets--solved

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Jan 19 14:33:38 UTC 2006

Answering my own post, it seems the nxclient included in the freenx package is broken.
I downloaded the nxclient RPM from nomachine.com and installed that and it works just
fine.  For the record, the article on the Fedora News website at
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/ is really helpful.

Is anyone using freenx to give outside access to school computer systems?  That is, is
anyone running a server with freenx and allowing students/teachers to connect from home
by using nxclient on their home computers?  Since the traffic is all encrypted over port
22, I'd think it would be reasonably safe.