Re: [K12OSN] nxclient won't run, missing charsets--solved

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Is anyone using freenx to give outside access to school computer systems? That is, is anyone running a server with freenx and allowing students/teachers to connect from home by using nxclient on their home computers? Since the traffic is all encrypted over port 22, I'd think it would be reasonably safe.

How is the speed?

It's terrific! I've been using VNC-over-ssh for the past few years. That works but it's still kind of a pain. But NX is stupendous! With NX, I'll never use VNC again. I connect to my server at home and it's real time or at least seems like it. This weekend I'm going take my laptop to the public library, where they have free wireless access and test it.

What I'm curious about is how well it will scale up. It's one thing for me to connect to my server and get decent performance; it's another thing for 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 people to do the same.