Re: [K12OSN] nxclient won't run, missing charsets--solved

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Is anyone using freenx to give outside access to school computer systems? That is, is anyone running a server with freenx and allowing students/teachers to connect from home by using nxclient on their home computers? Since the traffic is all encrypted over port 22, I'd think it would be reasonably safe.

How is the speed?

I use it to connect to a remote machine from home (all over port 22), and it's startlingly fast - faster than VLC to a machine on the same LAN. NX did something right IMO.

Cheers,
Mike