[K12OSN] Fl_TeacherTool 0.30 issue (long)

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Jan 20 17:13:26 UTC 2006

Petre Scheie wrote:
> I'm not sure of the difference between the two libraries, but isn't the
> point of Mue Kow to get away from having custom files and instead rely
> on the libraries and other files that come with the distro?

That is definately one of the key points of Mue Kow. But note that
K12LTSP does not currently use a "Mue Kow" implementation of LTSP
(Edubuntu is the first and currently only "Mue Kow" implementation).

 > Why is the
> library in /opt/ltsp/i386/lib different than the one in /usr/lib?

The idea behind "classic" LTSP is to isolate the LTSP bits from the host
operating system bits. /usr/lib/ and /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/ are different,
and very likely incompatible, by _design_. (same goes for /bin/ and
/opt/ltsp/i386/bin/, etc)

"classic" LTSP has its own build environment (LBE) that can be used to
compile binaries that are compatible with LTSP.

-Eric