Re: [K12OSN] Openoffice.org2.0 on K12LTSP4.2.2EL

Trond Maehlum

I just downloaded OOo2.0.1 from openoffice.org. Installed from the command line according to the included instructions. I am running the current version of K12LTSP EL. I just used rpm -e to remove the existing version of OpenOffice first.

Steve Knopik

Trond Mæhlum wrote:

Has anyone installed OOo2.0 on their EL based K12LTSP's? I have one testserver running alongside 4.4.0, and the need for OOo2.0 arises. As far as I know OOo2.0 is not available for K12LTSP4.2.2 and never will be because CentOS 4 doesn't have it.

Will it be available for a yum install /apt-get install from some mirror some time? Even though CentOS 4 will never support or offer it?

If I have to install it manually, is there som quickfix to make MS formats default and get rid og the "register-wizard" for all users?

Regards
Trond Maehlum