Re: [K12OSN] Providing file services to Mac OS X clients

Petre Scheie wrote:
To those of you who have Mac OS X clients, how do I provide file services for those clients? Do I need to add the netatalk packages? Or, since OS X is rather Unix-like underneath, can they just NFS-mount the user's home directory from the server?

Petre

Petre,

NFS works fine, but if you're among those of us (Torvalds included) who find NFS annoying, Samba works fine. No need to hassle with Netatalk, which is only useful if you have to support OS9 clients.

Cheers,
Mike