[K12OSN] Providing file services to Mac OS X clients

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Jan 22 02:43:24 UTC 2006

Never mind on the file sharing part; I found it, and you are correct,
it's quite simple.  Oddly, I can't get access to the printer the same
way, via 'Windows sharing'; it asks for an ID and PW and no matter what
I put in, it fails, even using an ID that does work for accessing file
shares.  For now I got around it using by configuring the printer as an
IP printer and talking to it directly rather than through the server.