Re: [K12OSN] OT: icewm shutdown

I'm just curious: Why do you want shutdown available from within IceWM? If you're working at the console, at the login screen there is a shutdown option; you don't even have to be logged in to do it (which I think is a bit of a problem, but I assume there's a way to fix that). Is the idea to be able to shutdown the server while being logged in at a terminal as root? I'm not sure I'd want that as I'd worry about students trying to reboot the server from a terminal--they'll fail since they're not root, but I'd still rather not even have them see the option.

Petre

Peter Hartmann wrote:
Yup, I did restart IceWM.  So far the only way I can get ice to
shutdown is by executing a script that does "sudo /sbin/shutdown -h
now".  But I can't get that line to work directly from the
preferences.