Re: [K12OSN] Help with messed up margins in ie6- great in Firefox...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don't use tables instead. Don't bend to the will of IE. For this you must use the box model hack You can read about it at the address below. You fool IE into accepting the correct CSS.

http://tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html

On 1/23/06, Calvin Dodge <caldodge fpcc net> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 08:51:59AM -0700, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Hi everyone.  The unveiling for our student effort on the town's community
> radio station is Wednesday and we are stuck.
>
> I know that this isn't the greatest place to ask this sort of question
> but....
>
> I've got two students who are putting together a webpage for our community
> radio station at:
>
> crestonradio.ca
>
> They did all of the work on our linux boxes using Firefox and we just
> discovered that ie6 totally messes up the margins among other things.
> Things are just beautiful in Firefox...
>
> Can someone please take a look at this?

The probable cause is this: all placement is done via <div> tags and CSS,
and IE6 could be goofing it up.  Is there any chance they can use tables
instead? (or in addition - so the divs could still have style info, but
not placement)

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge