[K12OSN] "Strong" Passwords

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Tue Jan 24 16:01:49 UTC 2006

Is there a way to reduce the requirements of strong passwords on
K12LTSP.  I have a middle school computer teacher who claims that her
students can't change their passwords.  I have given them easy access to
Usermin and have tested the heck out of it and I can change passwords.
The teacher can't seem to understand what I tell her about strong
passwords.  I have sent her definite instructions on how to create a
strong password that will pass the tests, but she complains to
administrators that the "system" won't let the students change their
passwords.

I guess I need to loosen the password requirements.  Where would I do that"

Thanks.

Jim Hays, Technology Coordinator
Monticello CUSD#25
#2 Sage Drive