[K12OSN] SMBFS Permissions

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Tue Jan 24 16:57:39 UTC 2006

All,

Here's my setup:

1. I have K12LTSP 4.4.1 authenticating users against a Win2K3 AD Server
(for single sign on purposes from Windows computers to Linux terminals)

2. I have a shared folder that is on a Windows 2000 Server being
automatically mounted when every user logs in to a Linux terminal. Each
user has their own domain folder but this folder is a general purpose
folder that every student and staff memeber can use.

The Problem:

I edited /etc/fstab as root so the permissions on the share are 755
which only allows root to Read/Write/Execute and everyone else to only
Read/Execute. How can I edit the share to allow everyone to
Read/Write/Execute (777) from the share? Any ideas and/or help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

--