Re: [K12OSN] OT: "MySpace.com" or "policies for when computer use leads to assault and battery on campus"

Mike Ely wrote:
For a real-life example of similar, this happened recently at a local
district - thankfully not mine as I understand the law enforcement
involvement took some amount of work on the part of tech staff there:
http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2005/1216/local/stories/13local.htm

Working this one took up several MONTHS of my time...

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/news/oregonian/lc_41hackr27.frame

-Eric

Jim Hays wrote:

You say you are young enough to participate in many of the same tech
activities as the kids.  I take that to mean that you haven't had a
lot of experience in the educational world.  This "laissez faire"
attitude is real nice until a group of FBI agents and Homeland
Security Agents and State Police show up at the front door and you as
the technology coordinator get  pulled into the middle of a "mess".
An hour later one of our most respected teachers was lead away in
handcuffs because of what he was doing online.

Now that will change your views on content filtering in a hurry.

Timothy Hart wrote:

On 1/24/06, *Tom Hoffman* <tom hoffman gmail com