Re: [K12OSN] OT: "MySpace.com" or "policies for when computer use leads to ass

Dave I couldn't agree more. I don't think teachers plugging into the culture will solve everything. But it will help, as the rest of your email proves. You are aware of these things and are doing things to help the parents out. You are also doing such in a manner which if not punitive as someone else mentioned. You are using "reasonable" (again a moving target) content filtering. You are letting parents know about these things so they can be a better informed parent. All fantastic things. My original argument, as unclear as I may have been, was to not just lock everything down tightly and that be the end of it.

I also saw that Dateline. The scary thing was that a bunch of those guys even say the report on TV and still did it. The effort you are putting forth is obviously the way to go here. Parent and child education is the direction to take.

I guess I am just pushing the devils advocate view here to make sure we just don't go too far in our censorship and that it is done with all views in mind.