Re: [K12OSN] Re: OT: "MySpace.com" or "policies for when computer use leads to ass

Thanks to all for a very interesting and enlightening discussion. Ultimately, what it came down to for me is that while myspace might have some uses (I see more now having read this thread), we're saturating our dual-T1 uplink as it is, and so it's necessary to cut the fluff where possible. Given the lack of a clear educational purpose for myspace, combined with the not insignificant potential for trouble in having it in, the decision to block stands. After reading all this, I'll probably spend some time considering lifting the block once we have better outbound connectivity. At this point, however, it would seem that the teachers welcome the block, as they were considering myspace to be an in-class nuisance before it was dropped.

Cheers,
Mike