Re: [K12OSN] Samba and LDAP integration questions

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 15:27, David Trask wrote:
> "Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn redhat com> on
> Saturday, January 28, 2006 at 3:28 AM +0000 wrote:
> >Yep.  I'm pretty sure I have this sorted.  Would you just mount the
> >users home directory on the K12LTSP servers via NFS when it boots up or
> >have a more dynamic mount when the user logs in?  Do you usually assign
> >the students with the same Group ID?
>
> Mount on startup (boot)....otherwise login can never happen.  Home
> directory needs to be in place to login or you'll get a gazillion errors.

The automounter can be used to mount directories on access but
it doesn't make too much sense to use it for this compared to
just mounting /home.  It might if you come up with a way to
specify the home directory in LDAP so homes could be
distributed over several servers.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com