[K12OSN] allowing users to write to CDs in server

How do I allow users to write to the CD-burner in the server? Nautilus has a 'CD/DVD creator' under the Places menu, but when a regular user then selects 'Write to disk' under the file menu, it just keeps asking for a disk in the CD drive even though there's already one there. I changed the permissions to setuid for root for /usr/bin/cdrecord, but to no avail. If I log in as root, it works, but the uses want to be able create their own CDs. (These are all adults so I'm not worried about them behaving themselves.)

Petre