[K12OSN] allowing users to write to CDs in server

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Jan 29 00:09:45 UTC 2006

How do I allow users to write to the CD-burner in the server?  Nautilus
has a 'CD/DVD creator' under the Places menu, but when a regular user
then selects 'Write to disk' under the file menu, it just keeps asking
for a disk in the CD drive even though there's already one there.  I
changed the permissions to setuid for root for /usr/bin/cdrecord, but to
no avail.  If I log in as root, it works, but the uses want to be able
create their own CDs.  (These are all adults so I'm not worried about
them behaving themselves.)

Petre