[K12OSN] Banding Together to Create Market Forces

As this list grows and as FOSS installations reach more and more academic markets, we will be FOOLS not band together to create market forces. We just read Jeremy tell Paul "we just need a few of you guys to band together and nudge us into it." Rhetorically speaking, how many of you need this program and have either written or now plan to write Jeremy? He just made it clear; your *market* feedback counts.

Guess what the Pearson sales team told me about running NovaNet on Linux? "I am sure that if we heard from enough school districts asking for it, we'd make it happen. We'd have to." Since he has only heard from me, he is happy to see HOSEF try to make it work with CrossOver Office.

There are really nice, well-meaning, but overwhelmed sales teams all over the education marketplace. The need more money for their commissions. Now. When you are the first to call, explain the potential size of your sale, and emphasize your need for their product to run on Linux, you get attention. When you are the 10th, you are part of trend. When you are the 20th, you may have just cemented change.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Executive Director