[K12OSN] server not forwarding packets for Windows clients

I've got a k12ltsp server providing DHCP addresses to a bunch of Windows machines. The intent is to turn the Windows boxes into thin clients with Universal Boot Floppies(tm) or at least dual-boot systems. The server is a two-nic config, and I installed it this past weekend. But today, when people are back in the office, the Windows clients are getting addresses from the DHCP on the server, but any requests directed to the internet are not getting any response. I ran tracrert from a W2K box: it got as far as the server but no further. It's as if the server isn't forwarding any requests that come in eth1 to eth0. I turned off iptables, but that made no difference. It seems something is off in the routing/NAT'ing/masquerading, but what?

Petre