[K12OSN] OS X run TuxType2 from K12LTSP server? (solved- mostly)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Jul 6 20:30:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:12:41 -0400, James P Schwankl wrote
> Thanks for the reference Jim (and Gavin). I was able to use Google's
> cached pages to see the how to you referred to and able to get a
> command to launch an app on the server and have it display on the OS
> X box.
>
> ssh IP.NU.MB.ER app_to_launch
>
> very nice.
>
> And I've just about finished the launcher (Combo applescript and
> .command file) to launch X11 and then run the command to start the
> app from the server.

Very cool.  You'll have to post your work out when you are finished, I am sure
others could use this (maybe me :-)

> Unfortunately, I now have to figure out why tuxtype2 won't run,
>  where others will :-(

That sucks.  Keep trying.  Could it be that it needs a password and you have
to create the key files to avoid entering it?  That is also in Gavin's how to.