[K12OSN] ltsp ldap client setup

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Sun Jul 9 03:41:13 UTC 2006

Question #1....did you run authconfig?  There's nothing special to do to a
K12LTSP server to make it an LDAP client.  Just run authconfig and be done
with it.

Question #2....are you running the Samba/LDAP server on the same machine
as the LTSP server?  If so...again....use authconfig.

Question #3....Did you use smbldap-installer to set up the ldap server?
If not....you did it the hard way.  http://www.majen.net/smbldap  Works
fantastic on Ubuntu....even Dapper....works fine in FC4 and K12LTSP
4.1.....the version for FC5 and K12LTSP 5 is still in beta, but almost
ready.....still one nagging nsswitch issue.  Just the other day I set up
an Ubuntu Samba/LDAP server and authenticated a K12LTSP 5 server to it
along with a Windows machine with roaming profiles....worked fantastic.