[K12OSN] ltsp ldap client setup

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Jul 12 21:08:02 UTC 2006

Something is seriously broken....in my experience if the net groupmap list
doesn't work right then you might as well start over.  Did you do a clean
install on this machine or is it something you upgraded?  Give me more
history on the installation itself...also which version of
smbldap-installer did you use?  Is it your machine that crapped out on the
smbldap-populate?  (getting confused with the threads)

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wed Jul 12 2006 at 15:04 +0000 wrote:
>Hey David,
>
>I tried ,
>smbldap-groupadd –a –g 525 Students
>smbldap-groupadd –a –g 526 Staff
>

>But net groupmap list doesn't show them.  Also when I look at the user
>i created with smbldap-useradd -m -a [username], getent group shows
>the new entry as this:
>
>\E2\80\93a:x:10000:
>
>(the user i just created had gid 10000)
>
>Whats up with that doyou think?
>

>I just posted some messages from tail -f /var/log/ldap to the list
>too. Maybe that will help?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Peter

David N. Trask