[K12OSN] squidguard and ldap

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 14:10:08 UTC 2006

could someone who's set up squidguard with different types of blocking
based on ldap group send me some .conf files to learn from? or point
me in the right direction?  ultimately what I'd like is to block
personal email during business hours. and filter the students all the
time (of course).  It seems like all the information regarding ldap
and squid is for granting access based on group.  (ie. if your not in
this group - no access) not different rulesets based on group.  it
would be nice to get logging per user but that's not the main
objective.  Hopefully all this would be transparent to the user.  Is
there a way to automatically authenticate with credentials passed on
from the shell or does one have to use a logon script that can grab
the proper stuff?

Thanks!

Peter