[K12OSN] [OT] nx, rdp and edusoft

Kevin Verheyen thepiano at telenet.be
Thu Jul 20 09:22:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm having an offtopic question about the use af tunneled rdp
requests through nx.
At our school (pilot project) we're running k12ltsp in the whole
school, with the use of an added windows term server.
As i'm living in Belgium we cannot simply leave the windows-edu-soft
right now, cause most of the linuxedusoft is English only, and only a
few are in dutch.
(yes, we are translating ;-)

At this moment we're testing out if it would be possible to put all
of our edusoft on a windows TS rackserver in a datacenter, so anyone
can access those apps when needen, from within all schools of our
community.
It would definitly need less hands-on like having 10 TS servers in
our schools....
(The schools all have ADSL 3800down/512up)

The connection would be made thourgh an additional FreeNX server, for
compression of the whole bunch ;-)
Has anyone ever tried such a setup?
Suggestions? Recommendations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;-)

Greetz

Kevin Verheyen
Sysadmin Sint-Lutgardisschool Schelle
Belgium