[K12OSN] SME server upload/download problem

Judi Farley jfarley at msad50.org
Mon Jul 24 16:17:54 UTC 2006

I've just joined this list, and hope someone has an answer for me.  I'm
running SME6.01 on several school servers (different schools).  We had
problems with uploading a library file that was fairly large, so I changed
the upload size in  the templates-custom directory, and it worked fine.
However, at the same time our Windows 98 machines trying to download their
updates started getting the message that the cache size limited the
download, and we've been unable to update anything, or run any of our
web-based programs.

This happened in only one school.  The other one that I've been working in
today has no problem even though I changed exactly the same setting.   I
went in and changed it back, which did nothing.

Suggestions gratefully accepted!!

Judi