[K12OSN] Yum config: k12ltsp vs fedorafaq

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Jul 25 15:18:52 UTC 2006

Henry Hartley wrote:
> seems to be a conflict.  When I tried to update the yum configuration
> (see: http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware), I issued this command:
>
> rpm -Uvh http://www.fedorafaq.org/yum
> http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
>
> yum complained that these conflict with /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo and
> freshrpms.repo from a k12ltsp package (sorry, I don't have the machine
> here at work - should have brought it with me).  A few of their recipes
> for installing things, like Flash, work with the k12ltsp configuration
> but others, like the final step in setting up Acrobat Reader (yum update
> selinux-policy libsepol), don't.

Mixing repositories can get interesting and is sort of political too.
The k12ltsp-release package provides the livna repo, as does the
fedorafaq RPM.

JPK said he disables livna in favor of freshrpms. I do the opposite. I
find that Livna integrates well with Fedora Extras and supplies the DVD
CSS bits too. I'd set all repos except core and extras to enabled=0 and
just add back the ones you need to make things work.

What didn't work with Acrobat Reader? The SELinux update shouldn't be
necessary, since Eric adds in all available Fedora updates when he rolls
a new release. RC2 should already have these. FWIW, there's not much
that I need to do with PDFs that Document Viewer (née Evince) doesn't
handle these days.

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services