[K12OSN] Re: smb/ldap install woe. (luis.montes at cox.net)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Tue Jul 25 18:37:21 UTC 2006

> From: <luis.montes at cox.net>
> I'm about to start this smbldap stuff as well.
> Question: Wouldn't it be easier to just install samba from the
> k12ltsp5 or fc5 disks at the time of installing the OS?  Just
> curious because I'm not sure what packages should be on the OS
> before starting the installer script.

It shouldn't matter. The smbldap-install script (which runs
automatically as part of the installer) does its best to make sure you
have all the required packages.

Aside from yum problems and a bug in samba-3.0.23 (which you
automatically get if you 'yum upgrade') you should just be able to run
the script on a fresh system.

In fact, I recommend that you run it on a fresh system.

See http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/BugsAndNotes
for more info on the aforementioned bug.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/