[K12OSN] Servers, K12LTSP, and workstation numbers, etc.

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Jul 25 18:40:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 13:31 -0500, Doug Simpson wrote:
> The workstations will be scattered out over the district. . . not the
> best, I know, but this network wasn't built with TS in mind. . .

That's where it is a win to have local servers that have a reasonable
CPU speed and lots of RAM but are otherwise cheap and more or less
disposable, with only the authentication and home directory server
needing to be 'server quality' boxes.  What kind of bandwidth do
you have between the clients and server location?

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com