[K12OSN] vlc multicast (whoohoo! ) pulling preferences : HOW-TO

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 19:59:21 UTC 2006

> to run vlc as a local app separately on each client

That sound like a great idea.  Hopefully you could just ./configure a
slim vlc for the clients that wouldn't need the extensive list of deps
that vlc normally needs. *maybe* you wouldn't even need wxwindows if
you new how to set a maximized view from the command line. Just the
thought of compiling all its deps by hand with the LBE makes my head
hurt.  Come to think of it I never could find any documentation on how
to design configure scripts for the LBE. Anybody know where I could
find thos docs? if you did have it set up that way i think one could
just just precede the command i had with:

ssh $LTSP_HOSTNAME

That's assuming you had the ssh keys set up.

> Unless I'm missing something, this runs all the instances of vlc
> on the server and the clients aren't doing anything with the multicast
> at all - the video is delivered via X protocol.

You're right I just reset my settings on the switch and it still works
using the same address so I guess it wasn' t involved at all.   who
knew!

Thanks,
Peter