[K12OSN] few questions

Jim Kathan tkathan at charter.net
Sun Jul 30 18:32:48 UTC 2006

I am finalizing my setup for the new school.

Within the lts.conf file, how specific can I make custom settings per Mac
Address (which will each be linked to user logins, ie., specific staff
members). I want some teachers to be able to change their desktops, etc.,
and other things, but some users not to. I don't want any of the students to
be able to modify things.

Also, can I completely prevent people from saving their files and documents
to the root folder? Or are they locked out by default, if they are not
logged in as root.

My colleague brought up a good point, which was that we have to test and
'break' everything before the users get in so I can know how secure Fedora
is with Gnome as the interface. He wanted me to login as non-root and see
how destructive I can be.

I am basically out of time for all this, so I was wondering if anyone had
any wisdom to share, if they have gone over these things already.

Thanks in advance!