[K12OSN] NECC Open Source Lab will have lots of visitors--we need help beefing up K12OpenSource.com website...

Alan Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Mon Jul 3 03:12:17 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 19:06 -0700, Steve Hargadon wrote:
> There will be 15,000 school folks at NECC, and nobody knows how many
> will come to the Open Source lab and booths... but it's going to be A
> LOT.  We will have about 70 computers set up (including a K12LTSP lab!),
> and we are in a prime area--the first night welcoming reception is in the
> same location.
>
> In addition, there is a buzz going on about Open Source and Web 2.0
> that is very exciting.
>
> The K12OpenSource.com wiki could use some collaborative building...

To reach the widest audience possible, I believe you need to include a
prominent link to the "Free Software for Schools - Catalog of Open
Source Software" by the good folks from Open Source Victoria... This 82
page PDF document can singlehandedly persuade more skeptics that people
attending the convention... here's an abbreviated URL:
http://tinyurl.com/ojjsn - Wish I could be there to help...
cheers
Alan Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX