[K12OSN] IceWM vs Gnome

May be sligthly OT here.....but I recently installed Ubuntu6.06 with
LTSP on a AMD-Athlon64bit Dual Core machine with 1000mbps ethernet on
board and fast SCSI drive plus 4gb RAM.

With gnome desktop running and ~20 users online I saw constant load
level between 10-20 as reported by top. I thereafter changed the
default windown manager to IceWM for all users and now the load level
reported by top under same conditions is <2 all day long!

Any one who can verify similar experience?
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux