[K12OSN] SMB/LDAP management with Webmin Users and Groups module

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 22:02:42 UTC 2006

Wow! Thanks Jim this is awesome!  I just created a test user via batch
file.  It's funny though if I try and add a user to the ldap database
that's already a user on the system it returns : "Duplicate username
at line 1 : [user]"  Question: Why should the ldap database care
what's in /etc/passwd?   This machine is going to be a stand-alone
ldap server so it's not set to authenticate the the ldap database.
Umm..I don't have to set it for ldap auth do I?

Thanks,
Peter