[K12OSN] ltsp ldap client setup

Hey Folks , I'm having a weird problem setting up the ltsp server as
an ldap client.  It seems to be using the local /etc/passwd for auth
instead of the ldap server although if the ldap server is disconnected
authentication fails.  nfs homes are mounting. Attached is the ltsp
/etc/nsswitch.conf and ldap.conf.       I'm wondering what the
difference between /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf is too.
I've tried to make them look the same.
Little help?

Thanks,
Peter