Re: [K12OSN] installing managing windows apps

Huck wrote:
someone asked about this earlier this week...

maybe with www.wpkg.org you could do what you are wanting...

--Huck

For another option, a guy in my local LUG (ISLUG, http://www.islug.org) wrote win-get, based on apt-get.. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it could manage an impressive array of apps, and other in the LUG use it all the time and swear by it.
Might be worth a look..

From Ryan:

"Win-get is an automated install system and software repository for Microsoft Windows written in pascal (for the command line client) and php for the online repository. The ideas for its creation come from apt-get and other related tools for the *nix platforms.

The system works by connecting to a link repository. Finding an application and downloading it from the stored link using wget.exe . Then performing the installation routine (silent or standard). And finnally deleting the install file.

You can download the installer for the application at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/windows-get

You can get more information about the project at and add apps into the system.
http://windows-get.sourceforge.net/";

Ben