[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0.0 beta #12

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Sun Jul 9 14:16:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:20:36 -0700
Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:

> K12LTSP 5.0.0 beta #12 has been uploaded. This includes another huge set
> of updates.

> I believe all of the show-stopping bugs have been squashed. I considered
> naming this "release-candidate #1", but not all off the changes have
> been tested. I'll shoot for having a RC1 release on Saturday.
>

> The repositories have been updated, if you have an earlier beta
> installed you can simply run "yum update".

Ran yum update and the k12ltsp-initialize script. Update (from beta 7 or 8) was almost flawless, thanks for all the good work! The only problem I've seen is I can no longer access the shell with CTRL-ALT-F2.

If I put screen01 = shell and screen02 = startx, the terminal won't stop at the shell but will fire up the login GUI. Only way I can get to the shell is by commenting out screen02 = startx, and once I run startx I can no longer get back to the shell. Seems to be a keyboard mapping or an X-server issue....???

My terminal is an Optoma ST320/Jammin 125.

Anyone else seeing this?

Jesse