Re: [K12OSN] Does nfs mounted /home increase performance?

Krsnendu,

It all depends on what you are doing in the users home directories.

If lots of people are saving files and reading files from their home directory, or, if they are storing their mail folders in their homedir, then yes, it could possibly give you some better performance.

For my customers, I set the up with a vertical application, and they never ever use their home directories, so in there case, the /home is only touched at login time, and then, only briefly.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

Krsnendu Dasa wrote:
If I mount /home on another server will that increase the performance of K12LTSP (by reducing the HD work required by K12LTSP server)? I have 2 MB RAM on the main server. Both servers have 120GB SATA HDs and 2500XP CPUS.

--
Please note my new email address-
krsnendu108 gmail com <mailto:krsnendu108 gmail com>