[K12OSN] Does nfs mounted /home increase performance?

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Mon Jul 10 01:11:49 UTC 2006

Krsnendu,

It all depends on what you are doing in the users home directories.

If lots of people are saving files and reading files from their home
directory, or, if they are storing their mail folders in their homedir,
then yes, it could possibly give you some better performance.

For my customers, I set the up with a  vertical application, and they
never ever use their home directories, so in there case, the /home is
only touched at login time, and then, only briefly.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org