Re: [K12OSN] Does nfs mounted /home increase performance?

Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

    For my customers, I set the up with a  vertical application, and they
    never ever use their home directories, so in there case, the /home is
    only touched at login time, and then, only briefly.

Sorry I didn't understand this part. Could you explain it a bit more for me?

My customers use a medical billing application that updates a database. Nothing is stored in the users home directory, so in their case, a faster homedir wouldn't help them.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org

    Krsnendu Dasa wrote:
    > If I mount /home on another server will that increase the
    performance
    > of K12LTSP (by reducing the HD work required by K12LTSP server)?
    > I have 2 MB RAM on the main server. Both servers have 120GB SATA
    HDs
    > and 2500XP CPUS.
    >

    > --
    > Please note my new email address-
    > krsnendu108 gmail com <mailto:krsnendu108 gmail com>
    <mailto:krsnendu108 gmail com <mailto:krsnendu108 gmail com>>