Re: [K12OSN] Does nfs mounted /home increase performance?

On 10/07/06, Jim McQuillan <jam mcquil com> wrote:

Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

>     For my customers, I set the up with a  vertical application, and they
>     never ever use their home directories, so in there case, the /home is
>     only touched at login time, and then, only briefly.
>

> Sorry I didn't understand this part. Could you explain it a bit more
> for me?

My customers use a medical billing application that updates a database.
Nothing is stored in the users home directory, so in their case, a
faster homedir wouldn't help them.

So there files are stored in a different part of the files system.

As a school do you think there would be much benefit. Kids do wordprocessing, slideshows and interent browsing mostly. Enough use to benefit moving /home?

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org