Re: [K12OSN] Does nfs mounted /home increase performance?

On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 19:38, Krsnendu Dasa wrote:
> If I mount /home on another server will that increase the performance
> of K12LTSP (by reducing the HD work required by K12LTSP server)?
> I have 2 MB RAM on the main server. Both servers have 120GB SATA HDs
> and 2500XP CPUS.

It might help slightly to have /home on a 2nd physical drive but
if you only use one server you'd probably do as well or better
by putting both disks in the same machine.  The big win with
NFS-mounted /home comes when you have multiple k12ltsp servers
sharing the load with access to the same files.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com