Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0.0 beta #12

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Jesse McDonnell wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:20:36 -0700
Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us> wrote:

K12LTSP 5.0.0 beta #12 has been uploaded. This includes another huge set
of updates.

I believe all of the show-stopping bugs have been squashed. I considered
naming this "release-candidate #1", but not all off the changes have
been tested. I'll shoot for having a RC1 release on Saturday.

The repositories have been updated, if you have an earlier beta
installed you can simply run "yum update".

Ran yum update and the k12ltsp-initialize script. Update (from beta 7 or 8) was almost flawless, thanks for all the good work! The only problem I've
seen is I can no longer access the shell with CTRL-ALT-F2.

If I put screen01 = shell and screen02 = startx, the terminal won't stop at
the shell but will fire up the login GUI. Only way I can get to the shell is by commenting out screen02 = startx, and once I run startx I can no longer get back to the shell. Seems to be a keyboard mapping or an X-server
issue....???

My terminal is an Optoma ST320/Jammin 125.

Anyone else seeing this?

I can confirm this. I wiped out /opt/ltsp/i386, ran the LTSP installer,
and had the same problem - there are reasonable odds that it is not a K12LTSP-specific bug. Jim, do you see the same thing?

Will dig into it deeper tomorrow...

-Eric