Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:29:43 -0500
From: ssanders coin org
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Fwd: Vmware as base for K12LTSP
To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
	<k12osn redhat com>

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 12:42 +1200, Krsnendu Dasa wrote:

> Is it worth running K12LTSP as a Vmware virtual machine to make it
> easier to backup and move from one server to another etc. Or will it
> add to much overhead. Are there any other disadvantages?

Krsnendu, the VMware beta server requires 512 meg of ram for a minimal
install. If you are using K12LTSP for more than a few clients, you
hopefully would have quite a bit more ram already. VMware server can be
sluggish on graphics and I/O unless you install the VMware Tools. I
would think that the additional overhead could hurt K12LTSP performance
unless you have great hardware.