[K12OSN] Server specs....how low can you go?

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Jul 10 18:39:55 UTC 2006

Short answer: PIII 1 ghz is fine for 4-5 business users. We serve that
many students with a PIII or Celeron 1.8 and students tend to use higher
overhead programs such as Flash, etc. We had 4 students working off our
original test bed- Athlon 800 mhz with 386mb ram! Didn't mean to put
that box into production but it did fine.

Long answer:
http://morrisbrandon.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=38

This is based on our experiences - ymmv (your mileage may vary)

regards,
William
morrisbrandon.com