[K12OSN] OT - Minimum specs for a BackupPC server

Hi folks,

I tried emailing the backuppc-users list but my email keeps bouncing, so I thought I'd try here.

Almost every night I get an email from my backuppc server telling me that the backup process was aborted due to signal=PIPE. I've tried upping the timeout to no avail. Some nights the backup works, often it works when I do it manually, but not always. Anyway, my server is very wimpy. I'm running a Celeron 466, 256 of RAM and the backup drive is 78% full. Which of any of that would you think could be causing the problem? Or do you think this isn't the issue. "top" shows my CPU pegged at 99% for a lot of the backup. My backups are usually taking about 650+ minutes when they manage to finish.
Thanks a lot, list.

ck