[K12OSN] OT - Minimum specs for a BackupPC server

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Tue Jul 11 03:22:02 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I tried emailing the backuppc-users list but my email keeps bouncing, so
I thought I'd try here.

Almost every night I get an email from my backuppc server telling me
that the backup process was aborted due to signal=PIPE.  I've tried
upping the timeout to no avail.  Some nights the backup works, often it
works when I do it manually, but not always.  Anyway, my server is very
wimpy.  I'm running a Celeron 466, 256 of RAM and the backup drive is
78% full.  Which of any of that would you think could be causing the
problem?  Or do you think this isn't the issue.  "top" shows my CPU
pegged at 99% for a lot of the backup.  My backups are usually taking
about 650+ minutes when they manage to finish.

Thanks a lot, list.

ck