RE: [K12OSN] Server specs....how low can you go?

Woah, rereading my post made me realize something. I have the SATA drives in the 400SC that I use for a windows (booooo) workstation. So I'm just using regular ATA100 drives in the K12LTSP server. Sorry for the bad info. (I got my 400SC's mixed up)

I wrote:

Anyway, the server is a Dell 400SC that I got new on ebay for about $350.  I've got 2 Sata drives in >it one for /home and one for everything else and I upped the RAM from 512 to a Gig.  I think the CPU >is 2.23 GHz. or thereabouts.  Upping the RAM made a huge difference in performance.  I personally >think that the SATA drives are probably unnecessary at this level too.  I'm probably going to get a >gig uplink Switch when I add another client or two.